Welcome to the homepage of the International Ceramic Federation (ICF). The ICF was established in 1990 as a nongovernmental, nonprofit federation of societies representing ceramists, ceramic engineers and ceramic scientists of the member countries. In 2005 it was agreed that ICF would be restructured. Over the coming months the web pages will be updated as new structures are established.
The purpose of the ICF is to promote and stimulate understanding and cooperation among persons and societies form different countries. The objectives of the ICF are:
- To promote the art, science and technology of ceramics
- To promote an understanding of ceramic materials among the user community and the public at large
- To maintain a world calendar of meetings on ceramics and provide a central clearinghouse for coordination of international meetings on ceramics
- To endorse international conferences of particular interest to the federation
- To prepare and issue reports and surveys on topics of international significance
- To facilitate communication among ceramic societies, including an exchange of lists of officers of national and regional societies.